Students rated five instructors in the Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering among the best at Georgia Tech in the just-concluded semester.
The Center for Teaching and Learning has named the instructors to the Spring 2022 Honor Roll for excellence in teaching based on how students rated them on end-of-course surveys. The honorees are:
- Laura Christian – BMED 3600, Physiology of Cellular and Molecular Systems
- Ahmet Coskun – BMED 3520, Biomedical Systems and Modeling
- Maysam Nezafati – BMED 2110, Conservation Principles in Biomedical Engineering
- James Rains – BMED 4602, Capstone Design
- James Stubbs – BMED 4602, Capstone Design
The honor roll specifically accounts for how students rate their instructors’ level of enthusiasm about the course and ability to stimulate interest in the subject. It also includes ratings of instructors’ respect and concern for students. Only the teachers whose scores are in the top 25% are eligible for recognition, and only if most of their students complete the Course Instructor Opinion Survey.
Christian made both the fall and spring honor rolls for her instruction in Physiology of Cellular and Molecular Systems. Coskun also appeared on both lists — in the fall for BMED 4783, Introduction to Medical Image Processing.