The Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering has created this resource page to centralize some key information related to a dynamically changing COVID-19 response. The main purpose of this page is to share information that more closely affects biomedical engineering students, faculty, and staff. Please monitor this page for future BME department updates. BME faculty and staff internal shared files can be found here with login.
Remember: Test. Mask. Distance.
We all must look out for each other, following established public health and campus policies to limit the spread of the virus and keep us all safe. Whether you’re on campus or off, it remains critically important that you continue to wear your mask, wash your hands, and watch your distance.
At Emory University:
- Students who live off campus must take a screening test once per week if they are coming to campus.
- Faculty and staff who go to campus and have onboarded are encouraged to test weekly. (As previously noted, clinical providers are exempt from the onboarding clearance steps.)
- On-campus gatherings are limited to 10 or fewer people and must have a faculty or staff sponsor present. (Keep in mind that this guideline applies to gatherings on the Emory University campus. Please follow the guidelines of our health care partners when you are in health care facilities.) Off-campus gatherings should also be very small.
At Georgia Tech:
- If you live or work on campus, we strongly encourage you to get tested weekly, even if you aren’t experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. Please participate in the free asymptomatic surveillance testing program.
- Use the tent in the BioQuad as a safe gathering space. You can also reserve it for small, distanced gatherings for your group. (And drop by Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning to grab a snack!)
- Do not move furniture in any buildings or use furniture that has been blocked off. The furniture has been arranged to promote proper social distancing.
- Review Georgia Tech's Spring 2021 Event Guidelines.
|PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) AND DISINFECTION MATRIX (June, 2020)||333.26 KB|
|DISINFECTION GUIDANCE FOR LABORATORIES AND WORKSPACES||141.21 KB|
|COVID-19 Pandemic Student Support Resources||133.15 KB|