Associate Professor, Wallace H. Coulter Distinguished Faculty Fellow
My main research interests are in bioinformatics and computational biology, focusing on statistical signal processing, machine learning, control systems and optimization. The following are some specific topics that I've been working on.
- Extracting the cellular hierarchy underlying high-dimensional single-cell data
- Discovering Biological Progression underlying Gene Expression Data
- Simultaneous classification and class discovery
- Information theoretic approaches for reconstructing gene regulatory networks.
- Non-invasive PET parametric imaging