IMMEDIATE OPENING: The Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University (Georgia Tech, Atlanta Campus) is seeking an outstanding candidate to fill the position of Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Engineer I in the Cardiovascular Fluid Mechanics Laboratory.
- Conduct a variety of team-oriented and independent investigations in the planning, development, and implementation of original experimental procedures within the overall scope of the research project.
- Collect, analyze and report on experimental data; create and maintain accurate and timely records of test results and protocol design; publish research findings in conference proceedings and high-impact research journals.
- Exercise independent responsibility for project outcomes, and design research for others to conduct.
- Actively participate in soliciting funds through various federally funded research grant mechanisms (NIH, NSF etc.), and translational research funds.
- Participate in industry projects.
- Work on innovation oriented technological projects with potential for commercialization.
- Mentor graduate students, undergraduate students, and technicians.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering, or related area.
- Demonstrated experience in experimental techniques and/or computational techniques solid mechanics and fluid mechanics.
- Demonstrated experience with Particle Image Velocimetry, CAD software (Solidworks), instrumentation, machining/fabrication, Finite element simulations, Computational fluid dynamics or related design skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Biomaterials, biocompatibility, and material characterization techniques
- Image processing
- Cardiovascular Physiology and/or medical devices